LOWA TIBET GTX
The LOWA Tibet GTX is a stable and robust backpacking boot that has proved itself many times over on the toughest treks all over the world and on countless multi-day alpine expeditions. The Vibram MASAI rubber sole makes the job of conquering terrains all sorts of fun. The additional, wrap-around rubber rand protects against rocks and dirt. The X-Lacing system and the smart I-Lock system create an exceptional fit.
Here are some of the patented, LOWA-exclusive technologies you’ll find in the LOWA Tibet GTX:
- LOWA C4-Tongue: The anatomically shaped, padded tongue is designed to improve ankle flex and decrease pressure points, for all-day comfort.
- LOWA 2-Zone-Lacing: Independently adjustable lacing zones, one on the forefoot and one on the upper, allow the user to customize the lacing tension and do special foot-hold lacing techniques.
- LOWA Flex: Upper construction with freely moving, individually mounted lace hooks provides a more individualized fit and allows the lacing system to flex as you walk, for better comfort.
- LOWA X-Lacing: Patented LOWA technology holds the tongue in place, both vertically and horizontally, preventing slippage and pressure points and blisters.
- LOWA Roller Eyelets: Metal eyelets with small rollers minimize friction, ensure easy lacing.
- LOWA FlexFit: Easier ankle movement due to integrated “FlexZone“ and flexible lace.
- 100% made and sourced in Europe!
- Vibram Sole. These outstanding soles and rubber blends offer impressive traction on various surfaces and, at the same time, optimal abrasion resistance. Vibram has always stood for premium, slip-resistant, long-lasting soles and has for years been the market leader in this segment.
- Excellent grip on all surfaces thanks to self-cleaning mountaineering tread.
- Rough braking and repelling studs.
- Undercut heel for excellent grip.
- “LOWA Climbing Zone” at the tip of the sole.
The LOWA Tibet GTX is also available in a WIDE version as the LOWA Tibet GTX WIDE. A version that’s extra roomy to accommodate a wider forefoot. Also available in a leather line version as the LOWA Tibet LL and in a hi-cut, hunting version as the LOWA Tibet GTX HI
Learn more about the Tibet GTX in this short video:
“Frankly, I’ve been amazed that my feet can withstand spending 12-hours hiking through the mountains, with a 40lb load on my back, and still be somewhat pain-free. There’s no doubt that the LOWA Tibets have prevented foot fatigue and soreness on long, high-mileage days. In fact, I recently tested another boot and noticed that my feet were much more fatigued half-way through the day than they were compared to the LOWA Tibets, and by the end of the day my feet were quite sore in the other boot I tested.”
View more SoleAdventure.com
“Overall I really love these boots, they’ve got a gore-tex interior lining which means it’s 100% waterproof and they are really super breathable which is an important factor when looking for comfortable boots. Like I mentioned earlier, I’ve taken these boots everywhere with me, to places such as South Africa, Nepal, Europe, South America and the Fjords of Iceland, and they have really performed extremely well. If you’re looking for a great pair backpacking boots you should definitely check out the LOWA Tibet Pro GTX boots.”
View more OutdoorsMagazine.com
BestReviewCraft.com“Selecting the footwear is one of the most crucial decisions made by an outdoor enthusiast. If you are a bow-hunting elk in the hilly terrains, then it is a must for you to choose your footwear carefully. Elk hunts need footwear that is strong and comfortable. This boot is built for handling rough terrain. If you are looking for a very tough boot, then you should already understand from this Lowa boots review that this is the boot you need in your life. This boot is not just harsh, but it is durable and resistant to water. The Lowa Tibet GTX was designed as a workhorse boot for harsh terrains. The very supportive but slightly flexible FlexFit design helps your foot from any kind of sudden twisting and also allows sensitivity to terrains.”
“When it comes to a hard core boot that will handle the terrain and take care of your feet, the LOWA Tibet is what you should look at. […] These can be used for just about any trail in India, any season. Combined with a suitable gaiter, they will be the ultimate answer to monsoon treks in western and eastern Ghats through numerous streams and waterfalls. Mountains are their home and the ambient temperature does not matter, even if it is as low as -30 deg. Snow, slush, moraine, glacier, water streams, city life, summit attempts, no matter the location, the Tibet Gtx from LOWA is a front runner.”
View more TravelDreams.com
“The Tibet GTX®: After a rough traverse of the Presidential Range, one tester said, ‘They barely look used.’ With little exposed stitching, a wraparound rubber rand, and quality construction, this boot may need mention in your will.” – Backpacker Gear Guide
View more BackPacker.com